Why SDMEA? Why NAfME?
The South Dakota Music Education Association's purpose is the advancement of music education. Specific purposes include:
- To conduct programs and activities to build a vital musical culture and an enlightened musical public for the benefit and the general welfare of all persons.
- To ensure that every student shall have access in school to a balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of music instruction.
- To improve the quality of teaching, research, and scholarship in music.
- To promote the involvement of persons of all ages in learning music.
- To foster the utilization of the most effective pre-service and in-service preparation of music teachers.
SDMEA serves all areas and levels of music education by:
- Improving the quality of music teaching and learning
- Being a leading advocate for music education
- Providing high quality music experiences for members and their students
- Maintaining a vital and effective organization
How Do I Join?
Existing Member? Renew Today!
New Member? Join Today!