Why SDMEA? Why NAfME?
The South Dakota Music Education Association's purpose is the advancement of music education. Specific purposes include:
- To conduct programs and activities to build a vital musical culture and an enlightened musical public for the benefit and the general welfare of all persons.
- To ensure that every student shall have access in school to a balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of music instruction.
- To improve the quality of teaching, research, and scholarship in music.
- To promote the involvement of persons of all ages in learning music.
- To foster the utilization of the most effective pre-service and in-service preparation of music teachers.
SDMEA serves all areas and levels of music education by:
- Improving the quality of music teaching and learning
- Being a leading advocate for music education
- Providing high quality music experiences for members and their students
- Maintaining a vital and effective organization
How Do I Join?
Existing Member? Renew Today!
New Member? Join Today!
NAfME Membership Benefits:
- Advocacy resources to help you support and protect your music program
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access resources
- Amplify, the online forum exclusively for NAfME members
- Six outstanding NAfME periodicals, including the online archive of back issues
- The opportunity to contribute content to the NAfME Blog
- Present at the NAfME Biennial Research and Teacher Education Conference and other NAfME events
- Access to a wide variety of live NAfME webinars, town halls, and chats throughout the year
- Standards-based lesson plans and teaching guides in the NAfME online resource library
- All recorded webinars in the NAfME Academy are free for NAfME members (formerly an additional subscription)
- Leadership and collaboration opportunities through your state MEA and NAfME Societies and Councils
- Free resources to advocate for your program and spotlight your students during March, Music In Our Schools Month®
- The right to vote in NAfME elections
- Leadership opportunities through NAfME Societies and Councils
- Recognition for your students through composition contests and honor society membership
- Valuable insurance offerings created especially for educators
- 25% discount on NAfME books co-published by Rowman & Littlefield Education
- Special offers from NAfME corporate members
- Copyright resources
- All the benefits offered by your state music education association